Green Home Office Solutions
If your home is your office, you cannot rely on a janitor to keep your surroundings clean and suitable for work. Unless you have the luxury of spending money on a professional cleaning service every week, you’re responsible for cleaning your own office. This includes trash removal, dusting, etc. But just because you work from home doesn’t mean you have to skimp when it comes to your health. There’s plenty of eco-friendly solutions to keep your environment sparkling—and most importantly, safe:
- Vacuum your office regularly. Getting rid of dust reduces germ distribution, which means fewer respiratory problems.
- Use a microfiber cloth to clean surfaces within your office. These cloths don’t require any cleaning agents. It is a fast way to dust and clean at the same time.
- If using a cleaning agent, cook up a homemade concoction in your kitchen with baking soda and a mix of water and vinegar.
- Use a lemon to disinfect surfaces. The citric acid eats through germs and bacteria with ease, leaving a cleaner (freshly scented) workspace.
- Declutter your workspace. Many dust-related problems result from an accumulation of paper and other items on the desk.
- Use baking soda to neutralize odors.
You don’t have to clean your workstation daily, but you should shoot for at least three times a week. Keeping your home office clean, safe, healthy, and eco-friendly is easier than you think. For more basic cleaning tips go to: Cleaner Bayswater Ltd.