You might underestimate the number of places in your office teeming with bacteria. Before heading back to your desk, think for a moment about the creepy crawlies (dust mites) in your office, under your fingertips, and all around you.
It’s not the most comforting thought; and while it doesn’t help to obsess about cleanliness, it is beneficial to take steps against germs and bacteria and hire an office cleaning company in Greenbrier/Chesapeake.
Here is a list of the five areas in your office with the most germs and dirt, and what you can do about it.
- The water cooler gets a lot of use in the office, and in time, it can grow its own germs. Depending on who’s touching the cooler, and the length of time between cleanings, the germ level around coolers can get pretty serious. Empty the water tray daily and wipe the nozzle with disinfecting wipes.
- Computer keyboards are a hotbed for nasty bacteria in an office, especially if more than one person uses the same terminal. Greasy fingertips and natural body oils can nurture bacteria, which thrives in these conditions.
- Fridge handles are also quite filthy due to regular use in an office. Disinfecting on a regular basis can keep germs and bacteria under control.
- Filing cabinets are another germ surface, as multiple employees are likely to pull these handles daily to retrieve documents. Like the refrigerator handle, disinfecting every couple of days can keep surface germs at bay.
- Your desk is where you eat, drink and conduct most of your business. Given its heavy use, this is also one of the dirtiest places in an office. Dust your desk weekly, use disinfecting wipes, and immediately remove crumbs and wipe spills.
If you’re looking for janitorial office cleaning in Greenbrier/Chesapeake or Virginia Beach, give us a call at (757) 303-5275 to schedule a free walkthrough, or complete our contact us form.